Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 19 Marathon Monk Challenge


AM

20 min Yoga (warm up)

11 Mile Run

1.5 hr Level 1-2 Vinyassa @
Santa Cruz yoga

Almost to day 20 of the 100 day Marathon Monk Challenge! This routine seems true to what I'm trying to do with the challenge. The yoga and running combination keeps me injury free and able to go "inside" while running. The sun salutations woke up the body, mind, and spirit. I definitely want to continue to experiment with a home practice to find what works for me.

I started the run at 6:30am, and made it to the look out at Wilder Ridge just in time to catch the 7:15 sunrise! From there it is cruising on single track through forested gulches and wide open meadows.


I finished around 8:30am, quickly showered changed and out the door for yoga class. Usually Yoga feels really good after a run, and it did today as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment